Engineer, End User Computing
Engineer, End User Computing
The engineer is responsible for the management and monitoring of the day-to-day operations of the field services and deployment teams for the shore side environment. The engineer provides extensive level of incident support, SRM services, project support and preventive maintenance for the personal computing environment. The engineer uses technical knowledge to solve complex business problems, by means of a systematic and disciplined approach. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; must be able to perform a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Primary focus is to support the officers of the company, maintain the executive area and support the latest end-user technologies.
- Provides all-inclusive on-site and off-site support for all technology-related needs for the officers of the company.
- Acts as the 3rd level of escalation team lead for the end user computing environment.
- Serve as subject matter expert for some IT related projects where the officers of the company are impacted.
- Responsible for training and development and quality control of new technology for desktop support personnel.
- Planning and Management of special projects requiring field service support and the deployment team as required by the business.
- Ensure support & procure documentation / processes are kept up to date.
- Create / maintain documentation of the North American end point infrastructure environment.
- Fulfill service requests within and out of scope end points / deployment areas.
- Maximize investment in IT technologies by ensuring highest and best possible use of technology and assets.
- Involved with project deliverables and production readiness processes.
- Adherence to corporate defined security / auditing processes and controls (including but not limited to Sarbanes Oxley, PCI, etc.), as applicable.
- Responsible to adhere to the end user computing patch management schedule and change management policies.
- Escalate all system management tool related issues/outages to the next level of support.
- Manages stock levels of material and/or product inventories and equipment disposal.
- Responsible for evaluating inventory needs and implementing strategies/roadmaps to meet our customers" needs.
- Assess areas where we can continuously improve the operation, automate and streamline internal processes.
- Identifies, evaluates, deploys and administers IT solutions.
- Requires an Associate"s degree in a related area, or equivalent experience.
- At Least 5-7 years of Field Service experience.
- Certifications in areas of concentration preferred such as MCSE, MCSA, ACMT, CompTIA A+, or any other industry certification are a plus.
- Troubleshooting abilities consisting of Windows XP/7/8.1/10 and Apple Mac (OSX) operating systems, and PC/Mac hardware.
- Familiarity with how to troubleshoot and configure devices including iOS iPhones, iPads, and Mac books.
- Network knowledge and connectivity troubleshooting experience (TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Basic project management skills related to the setup and implementation small projects.
- Proven problem solving methodology with a rational approach to problem management.
- Excellent communication and written skills within a global environment while dealing with all aspects of the business.
- Ability to formulate, communicate and implement technical solutions.
- Ability to document processes for both technical analysis and user support.
- Flexible, enthusiastic attitude, capable of working independently or as a member of team, under pressure while being able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to self-motivate, learn and grow with a willingness to undertake all tasks assigned.
- Able to implement technical solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with technical peers.
- General experience with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with disk imaging and automated software distribution tools and qualities.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools of production detection and resolution.
- In depth knowledge of supported application configuration and installation.
- Partial knowledge of CA management tool.
- Preferred Knowledge of IBM Big Fix Enterprise Tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Kit (MDT).
- 10 to 20% travel is required.
Join our team as Engineer, End User Computing. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
IT Tech Infra & Engineering