Manager, Application Operations
Manager, Application Operations
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miramar, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Application Operations Manager is an entry level manager position. The Application Operations Manager is responsible for the development and execution of functional goals and strategies for multiple business or departmental areas within Information Technology. Performs independently, and proactively collaborates internally and externally to solve technical and business problems. Leads others, either directly or indirectly, and is accountable for the results of the team and/or function.
- Accountable for ensuring financial goals, SLAs, and other KPI’s are managed and met.
- Lead development and execution of functional goals and strategies across multiple Information Technology areas and disciplines.
- Ensures performance management of staff or functional areas is completed.
- Create staff development plans.
- Leads business prioritization process of functional support defects. Engages with stakeholders to prioritize and capture requirements for operational needs.
- Ensure the team provides outstanding customer service in resolving tickets and problem management.
- Builds and maintains a collaborative partnership with business units and other technology teams.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, to meet common goals, and resolve issues.
- Provides continuous communications to IT and business stakeholders.
- Continued focus on process improvement, best practices; ensures department processes comply with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for release management and compliance to quality standards for the company’s systems.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 3-7+ years of experience in managing Information Technology team or in a related area.
- Experience in leading or directing the work of department staff or project teams.
- Strong leadership skills; proven experience in leading and developing technical professionals.
- Proficient with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes across various technology areas.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and capabilities across a variety of technical concepts and other functional areas.
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers and management.
- Fully capable of managing multiple business or departmental functions.
- Capable of making independent decisions that impact IT and/or business strategy.
- Solid understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities.
- Ensures efficient utilization of staff and non-labor resources.
- Solid understanding of IT estimation activities. May lead medium complex estimation activities.
- Accountable for financial implications and cost of systems and services.
- Responsible for defining optimization opportunities to manage expenses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accepts accountability and manages execution of individual and team results at corporate and divisional level.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Join our team as a Manager, Application Operations. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.